South Jersey Defense Attorney Municipal Court
Municipal court is a lower level local court which may handle matters such as:
- Domestic violence
- Nursing home claims
- Driving under the influence
- Speeding tickets
Our South Jersey defense attorneys will aggressively represent you in these cases. Our defense attorneys handle all the details of your case so you can rest easy. With our understanding of New Jersey law, our defense attorneys can almost always reach a better verdict than you’d receive on your own.
The court also has civil jurisdiction that includes landlord tenant cases and claims where the amount does not exceed a certain dollar limit.
Typical cases heard include:
- Damages on default judgments
- Pre-judgment and post-judgment attachment proceedings
- Judgment debtor examinations
- Small claims cases
- Certain appeals from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- The enforcement of sentences
- Traffic arraignments
- Parking violation appeals
- Applications for release of rent
Local court rules may apply to a municipal court, depending on the jurisdiction.
Our New Jersey defense lawyers have studied and practiced law since 1953, and we know all the ins and outs of the legal system. Whether you need a DWI lawyer, tenant law attorney, or family law attorney, our South Jersey defense lawyers can help.